NS6W183R Nichia, NS6W183R Datasheet - Page 15
Manufacturer Part Number
Specifications of NS6W183R
Size Lxwxh (mm)
Lumi-nous Inten-sity Typ(cd)
Lumi-nous Flux Typ(lm))
Forward Voltage Vf(v) Typ
Forward Voltage Vf(v) Max
(2) Directions for Use
(3) Handling Precautions
● Product complies with JEDEC MSL 3 or equivalent. See IPC/JEDEC STD-020 for moisture-sensitivity details.
● Absorbed moisture in LED packages can vaporize and expand during soldering, which can cause interface delamination
● After opening the moisture-proof aluminum bag, the products should go through the soldering process
● After the “Period After Opening” storage time has been exceeded or silica gel desiccants are no longer blue,
● Customer is advised to keep the LEDs in an airtight container when not in use. Exposure to a corrosive environment
● After assembly and during use, silver plating can be affected by the corrosive gases emitted by components and materials
● Do not use sulfur-containing materials in commercial products. Some materials, such as seals and adhesives, may contain sulfur.
● To prevent water condensation, please avoid large temperature and humidity fluctuations for the storage conditions.
● When designing a circuit, the current through each LED must not exceed the Absolute Maximum Rating.
● LEDs should be operated in forward bias. Driving circuits must not subject LEDs to either forward or reverse voltage while off.
● For stabilizing the LED characteristics, it is recommended to operate at greater than 10% nominal current.
● For outdoor use, necessary measures should be taken to prevent water, moisture and salt air damage.
● Do not handle LEDs with bare hands, it may contaminate the LED surface and affect optical characteristics.
● When handling the product with tweezers, be careful not to apply excessive force to the resin.
● Dropping the product may cause damage.
● Do not stack assembled PCBs together. Failure to comply can cause the resin portion of the product to be cut, chipped,
and result in optical performance degradation. Products are packed in moisture-proof aluminum bags
to minimize moisture absorption during transportation and storage.
Included silica gel desiccants change from blue to red if moisture had penetrated bags.
within the range of the conditions stated above. Unused remaining LEDs should be stored with silica gel desiccants
in a hermetically sealed container, preferably the original moisture-proof bags for storage.
the products should be baked. Baking should only be done once.
may cause the plated metal parts of the product to tarnish, which could adversely affect soldering and optical characteristics.
It is also recommended to return the LEDs to the original moisture proof bags and reseal.
in close proximity of the LEDs within an end product, and the gases entering into the product from the external atmosphere.
The above should be taken into consideration when designing.
Resin materials, in particular, may contain substances which can affect silver plating, such as halogen.
The extremely corroded or contaminated plating of LEDs might cause an open circuit. Silicone rubber is recommended
as a material for seals. Bear in mind, the use of silicones may lead to silicone contamination of electrical contacts
inside the products, caused by low molecular weight volatile siloxane.
Operating at a constant current per LED is recommended. In case of operating at a constant voltage, Circuit B is recommended.
If the LEDs are operated with constant voltage using Circuit A, the current through the LEDs may vary due to the variation
in Forward Voltage characteristics of the LEDs.
Continuous reverse voltage can cause migration and LED damage.
In the worst case, catastrophic failure from excess pressure through wire-bond breaks and package damage may result.
Otherwise, The resin can be cut, chipped, delaminate or deformed, causing wire-bond breaks and catastrophic failures.
delaminated and/or deformed. It may cause wire to break, leading to catastrophic failures.
Before Opening Aluminum Bag
After Opening Aluminum Bag
Within 1 Year from Delivery Date